Wednesday, July 04, 2007

DJ Mauls Ultimate Star Wars Toy Room Tour, Part 12


Ok, where did we leave off?Oh, yes, we were covering this shelf unit here.

We covered the first two shelves last chapter, so now we reach shelf three, which features The Complete Burger King Toys Ep. III Series One and Two.

Now, depending on who you talk to, these BK toys were either the FUNNEST toys to collect or the HARDEST. For me, it was relatively easy. My local BK let me buy each weeks wave in one shot and the manager even told me what day they were coming in, so I basically went to BK once a week and completed my series pretty quickly. The only one's I had to get on eBay were a few from the very first week that I missed because I didn't know the promotion had started.The second wave was even easier, as I was ready for it that time.

I won't do a picture for each single one, but a few close ups will do, including:Boba Fett & Han In Carbonite

C-3PO and R2 D2 from both waves.

Vader's TIE, the X-Wing and several other of the ships.

The Falcon, Landspeeder, and Naboo Starfighter



Darth Sideous Wave 1 & 2 Out of ALL of these, the "hardest" ones to get were the Darth Vader chase toys.

Only FIVE Vader's were packed in each box per wave, so the Vader's were THE hot, hard item to find for most collectors. For awhile they were going for way too much money on eBay.Again, for me, well, call it luck or skill but I managed to score them both rather easily.

Another cool score from the BK promotions that I managed to get easily were the BK Lenticular 3D Gift Card set of 6 that came out along with wave 2 of the toys.(Note: There are three trading cards along the top that I stuck in this page just to fill it out, the BK cards are the middle and bottom rows.)I got all six (one for each film) the day they came out for a dollar a piece.later, I learned that they were SUPPOSED to be purchased with a MINIMUM ten dollar gift credit on EACH card (that of course could be redeemed for food, but who really wants to pre-order 60 dollars of BK food???) so again I got REALLY lucky with scoring these dirt cheap!

For fun, in the background I also hung up the Wave One and Wave Two checklists. And just along the side, for no real reason, is the awesome Target Gift Card that lights up AND makes Vader breathing noises!!!

Let's now head to the next shelf down... Here we find the Six BK Watches , also part of the BK Ep.III promotions; these came out the same time as the second wave of toys.

Along each side of the watches are Darth Tater and his ever loyal Spud Trooper guard.

In the background you will find the Ep. I Widescreen Collectors Edition Video that, while now being outdated by DVD, came with some nice collectibles including a book inside and the film cell you see on the left.

Next to that is an old ROTJ Storybook Album that has a photo book inside and came with a cassette to listen to the story...the cassette has long been MIA.

One more shelf for now, as we reach my collection of Star Wars Novels & magazines. I won't highlight EACH book or magazine, but just several favorites:

My ORIGINAL Paperback OT novels ...some of the few surviving SW items from my childhood, worn and torn certainly but still cherished anyway.

Two more vintage books here, Splinter Of The Minds Eye & Han Solo At Stars End. "Splinter" was the very FIRST "EU" book, and has been debated as to whether it's "canon" or not by many fans.

A couple more vintage items here:The Empire Strikes Back Collectors Edition Picture Book And the Star Wars Storybook that, if I'm not mistaken, was the first book to feature this now CLASSIC shot of Vader on the back cover.

Just a few more, as we look at a few more recent magazine covers like the Star Wars Insider Simpsons Parody Cover and two Mad Magazine SW covers that are pretty funny.

Last one, for now, is the cover of the Celebration III Convention book.

I may go back and feature the rest of the books and magazines in another tour blog at some point, but the next installment will take us still further along as we explore the wonderful world of...well, you'll have to check back next time for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home