Wednesday, July 04, 2007

DJ Mauls Ultimate Star Wars Toy Room Tour, Part 8


Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside (That's Emerson, Lake & Palmer kids, your musical lesson for today from your old pal Deej, )

Well, here we are at part 8 of the tour.

Today we arrive at yet another shelf full of a variety of items, mainly action figures.At the top of the shelf, though, we first find these:OT SE Burger King Toys picture 1 which features the balancing Cloud City, Yoda/Vader cube, SW Puzzle Cube, R2 D2 with Princess Leia that fits inside him (It's supposed to be her "hologram;" I guess they hadn't thought of the hologram figs like we have now.) the Yoda was the "3 and Under" kids toy for the younglings.

OT SE Burger King Toys picture 2 features the rest of the set: The Balancing Boba Fett, The Millennium Falcon Rev Up Toy, and the "Exploding" Death Star, which was recalled shortly after release as some one deemed it "dangerous" for young kids...I'm still not sure WHY, nothing actually explodes. When you push the lever it spins and the sections split apart and there's a little sparkler inside that makes tiny sparks...cool, but hardly dangerous.

In the middle of them is the Celebration III Antenna Toppers Set complete with the Vader Topper that one could only get with an advanced purchase of the four day pass.I actually bought two sets of these, one for my wife's aunt, who collects antenna toppers. Since I could only get ONE Vader, though, I kept mine, but eventually decided to try and find her one to complete her set, and I did on eBay for a pretty decent price.

The next shelf down is one I'm sure you army builders will enjoy:My Clone Army Shelf. Inspired by many, MANY of you collectors out there who collect clones, troopers and variants of, I decided to start my own collection of them as well, and to my surprise I REALLY started getting into it. My army I'm sure is not nearly as big as many of yours, especially since I started late with it but it's growing slowly and surely.I took plenty of pics of these, so let's get to some:

Picture one shows a few older Stormtroopers, and a pair of TIE Pilots behind them. I've had these for quite some time.

Next to them, Jango & Boba Fett, ...OK, technically Jango is NOT a clone, but since he's the daddy of them all I think he belongs there too.

Moving along next to them are An Ep. II Red Clone and the blue tactical Ops / Vader's Legion Trooper ......

and next to them, Republic Commando Scorch and Utapau Clone Trooper, ...

Behind them, three more clones including Commander Bacara, the Green Clone Commander, & the AT-RT Driver.

Behind them is the Star Wars Shop Exclusive Covert Ops Trooper and opposite him on the shelf is the Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper. I have been VERY tempted to open BOTH of these, despite their so called "rarity."

In front of the Shadow Trooper are three Imperial Guards, two of them from the Ep. III line, and the Red Guard on the right an older figure from the POTF line I believe. (editors' note: since my figs are all opened I don't always remember which exact line they came from, so I reserve the right to be wrong in these matters... )

In the back middle we find several more troopers including: Imperial Snow Trooper, Fire Speeder Pilot, Commander Bly (in yellow) and the new Scout Trooper from the Vintage UGH line.

In the middle we next find the AT-AT Driver and Commander Gree and next to them the Battle Damaged Clone Trooper and the AT-TE Tank Gunner, which, as he is one of the few with a removable helmet, I decided to display with his face showing.

Just newly added, so new in fact that I just now had to upload his picture (which is why you didn't see him in the background on any other shots) is the new Black Clone Pilot from the new "Heroes & Villains" line.

That pretty much covers my clone army so far. I know there are quite a few older ones I missed out on, and I also know there are more to come in newer lines. As it grows I will add updates to the blogs in future installments.

At this point I'm not interested in collecting doubles, but that may change ...I've already seen the new versions of the Clone Trooper & Bacara in the new Saga lines hitting the shelves; at some point the urge to pick one up may strike me, who knows?I think

I'll end this segment here, but as you can see I've barely covered this shelf. The rest will come next time.

Special note: I wish to thank the fine folks at RebelScum.com for their excellent work in cataloging all the figure lines; their information was invaluable in helping me put a name to each clone figure, as like I said it can be tough to remember once the packaging is tossed out!

Until next time...move'em out, troops!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home