Tuesday, May 15, 2007

DJ Mauls Ultimate Star Wars Toy Room Tour, Part 2


Welcome back to Part 2 of DJ Maul's Star Wars Toy Room Tour Extravaganza Polooza!

Let's kick things off by starting with the wall to your left after entering the door.

In this picture, you will see a cheap plastic Vader Halloween mask hanging slightly askew on the wall from the light fixture.Below this cheesy mask lies:The Vanity Fair Star Wars Special Collectors Edition which came out just last year. (2005)

For those of you who may have missed this, you missed a real treat, as the cover folds out! to reveal most of the major players from all six films!My copy has been signed by several of the actors: Dave Prowse, Kenny Baker, Peter Meyhew, Billy Dee Williams, Matthew Wood (Grievous voice) and even collector extraordinaire Steve Sansweet. All signatures were attained at Celebration III. I someday hope to get ALL the actors on the cover to sign...a Holy Grail quest if ever there was one.

Moving on, next door to the magazine is My first ever attempt at building my own diorama.It's Vader VS. Obi Wan on The Death Star obviously, and if you want more details as to how this was built, I wrote a whole diorama blog on it just a little while ago.

The Obi Wan is I think from the POTF line, but the Vader fig. is actually from the Ep III collection, which Im sure the purists will give me crap about...

Now, moving further down, let's explore the shelf below the diorama.This is my: Anakin from padawan, to Jedi...

...to fallen Hero...

...to Sith Lord, to redeemed Jedi shelf

......the figures tell the story of course.

Underneath this shelf hangs my Anakin Changes To Darth Vader deluxe figure which I haven't opened so far only because there are SO MANY small parts that could be lost!

Further along this same wall, we next come to my Action Figures Wall Display Case which I found on eBay for a decent price.It currently holds 24 various figures, from several series but most of them from the mid 90's or so. The order and content of this case may change in the future as I add more vintage figs to the collection. Here is the same case from a different view, this thing is tough to photograph because the flash reflects off the mirrored backing but if I don't use the flash it's too dark....anyway...

Speaking of vintage figures, up top we can find a vintage 1983 Jabba The Hutt sitting up next to an extra Han fig and a few Rebels that are there until I find a better location.

Below the wall case lay some real treasures: My vintage 1977 OT figures on the mail away display stand.Want a closer look? of course you do:

vintage figs close up 1

vintage figs close up 2

vintage figs close up 3

Directly next to the stand is a vintage 1977 landspeeder and a 1983 dog chewed Ewok fig

These figs are a bit dilapidated, and many are missing accessories like weapons etc. but they are still one of the prides of my collection.

How I came to own these makes for a nice (but short, I promise) story.

I did indeed have a few SW toys as a kid, but was never a COLLECTOR until many, many years later. My old toys had long since passed into obscurity.While dating the woman who eventually became my wife, she learned of my love of Star Wars and had her mom go hunting in their attic for her old toys, and sure enough mom found them all, including the stand, still stored away! What an AWSOME gift...of COURSE I had to marry her... The only one that was missing was the Jawa, and I eventually found one on eBay to fill that hole. The rest are all a gift from my wife that she owned as a kid.

I'm going to finish out this round of the tour with the last few items along this wall:

Celebrity autographed photos part 1

Celebrity autographed photos part 2

These were all obtained at various conventions, several I got again while attending CIII in 2005....Amy Allen was a sweetheart, and man is she CUTE, too...

Besides the Vanity Fair cover, my favorite autographed item is this one:Dark Horse Vader VS Maul comic book signed by both Dave Prowse (Vader) and Ray Park (Maul) on the same day at a comic book convention in Philly. Several other fans hunted down this comic and had it signed as well after seeing me do it, which I thought was funny.

Last items on this wall closes the tour for now:Wall of Clone Wars Cartoon figs

Now as you will see, I open almost ALL my figures normally, so why have I kept these sealed so far?I'm not sure, perhaps it's the cool cartoon art on the packaging, or that I just haven't come up with a better display idea than this for these figs yet. For now, sealed they stay.

So ends part two of my virtual tour. Time for a snack and a quick restroom break if needed, then soon we'll move on with part three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home