Wednesday, May 16, 2007

DJ Mauls Ultimate Star Wars Toy Room Tour, Part 4

Here we are, Part four of DJ Mauls Virtual Online Star Wars Toy Room Tour Extravaganza Po-looza Fest World Tour 2006!

Today, we will view a wide variety of stuff, Star Wars AND Non Star Wars...for today, we tackle The BIG Shelf!

As you can see, this shelf unit takes up the entire wall. No, it wasn't custom made. I actually found this at Ikea, and while I measured it beforehand to make sure it would fit, I didn't realize how TIGHT it would be after final assembly! My father assisted me assembling it, and BOY was it a trick getting up against the wall!The selling point on this unit, for me, was the fact that it not only holds a LOT of stuff, but I also use it to store my comic book collection in those clear plastic crates that fit perfectly into the shelf units.

Where to begin? I suppose let's start at the TOP:

First item on the top left side is a Hulk With Punching Action figure that I purchased BEFORE I saw the horrible, horrible film and realized these figs were NOT going to be worth pursuing further!

Next to that is my South Park Wind Ups Collectors Pack that I grabbed strictly on a whim...saw them on the shelf, loved them, bought them, that simple. These were released shortly after the show first started, I don't know if they still make them.

Hanging on the wall there, you may have noticed that silver Falcon. That's the case to those watches you may have seen. My mom found the case (empty) at some flea market and grabbed it for me for like a quarter. I hate to throw ANYTHING Star Wars away so I mounted it to the wall there just for fun.

Next, a couple more NON Star Wars items:X-Men: The Movie Wolverine fig Wolverine: Origin fig. As you may have noticed already, besides Star Wars I was REALLY into comic books for a long time. My passion for comics has sort of faded over the last few years, and I don't really buy new ones anymore, but I still have my old collection and a few items such as these Wolverine figs, which has always been my favorite character.

Out of all my NON Star Wars items, my fave would HAVE to be this one:

Movie Maniacs 4: Jaws Deluxe Boxed Set from one of the OTHER "Greatest Films EVER."

This is SUCH a cool item, and the packaging is so well done I can't bear to open it, but here is a closer look at Jaws, in the process of sinking The Orca.

Ok, ok, back to Star Wars stuff: My Vader Voice Changer helmet that I wore at CIII as part of my costume...I'll get to more on that later.

Millennium Falcon AMT model that I assembled all myself ...this is an older version; I bought it from eBay because I could never find a Falcon model on the shelf in stores!

This next item isn't Star Wars, but I'm sure the rest of you are fans of this one as well:Indiana Jones 12" Figure exclusive from Disney MGM. Along with Indy on the shelf is an Indy antenna topper (also from Disney MGM) and issue 1 of Indiana Jones from Marvel Comics. I love the fact that the figure so closely matches the cover of the comic. Also, the map in the backround was part of the packaging for the figure that seemed to work well as a backdrop for Indy, as he IS a world traveler!

Next over: Ep. III Vader VS Obi Wan tribute shelf This shelf features The Target Exclusive Lava Reflection Vader & Obi Wan figs that, YES, I did indeed wind up opening.Originally I WAS going to leave them sealed, but then decided they would look MUCH cooler opened along side their Unleashed Vader & Obi Wan cousins.

In the background are two interesting items:My Celebration III Hotel Card Key , a cool souvenir from my trip, and...The Target Ep. III Figure Release Post card that I got in the mail informing me of the upcoming Ep. III figures release date & sale. I've seen some other folk's collections online and seen this so apparently I wasn't the only one who thought it looked AWSOME.

Next shelf: More Unleashed Figures....I truly love these figs, wish I had discovered them earlier. First one, obviously, is the Darth Maul Unleashed which I've seen now going for over 80 bucks OPENED on eBay...it's a mad world!Next to Maul is Darth Vader and it's the newer version that came out last year. I know there were several versions of Vader from Unleashed, all more or less the same. I love the way he seems to LEAP off the stairs, you'd think the fig would tip over but it's very well balanced.

Next shelf over: still MORE stuff which I'll get to one by one:

First: Sidious VS Yoda Unleashed, again an awesome fig that really comes to life.

Boba Fett's Slave I Ultra Titanium Vehicle...I like the new cases these come in, but they DO make it harder to display because they take up more space...oh well.

Grievous & Vader Force Battler Figs...I'm not sure why I bought these, I think I grabbed Grievous because I couldn't find the Unleashed version, and the Vader I grabbed because, well...he's VADER. But for the most part the Force Battler collection didn't really move me and these were the only two I wound up buying.

On the wall in the back, a treasure: Marvel Comics: Star Wars # 68 featuring Boba Fett's first time gracing the cover! I USED to have a TON of the old classic Marvel comics as a kid, how I lost them would take an entire other blog to explain...

I'm going to do one more shelf for now.

Snow Speeder Ultra Titanium Vehicle Aasajj Ventress Unleashed fig ...again, I love the way these figs come alive, and how she's almost "leaping" off the shelf!

Ep. I Sneak Preview: Battle Droid On STAAP...this was the very FIRST toy released for Episode I. Its on a clear plastic stand so it appears to be flying.

Lastly, my Ask Yoda Toy & Lightsaber that my wife bought me a few years ago as a anniversary present.What, you may be asking, is wrong with his EYES? Sad story: Apparently, while he was in storage, the heat melted the rubber around his eye sockets... Still, he works, and I can't bear to toss him just because of a little damage...I'm still trying to figure out a way of fixing him, I suppose i could try super glue...?

That's enough for today, still plenty more to get to on this shelf alone in future installments.Hope to see you then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home