Thursday, April 03, 2008

DJ Mauls Ultimate Star Wars Toy Room Tour, Part 26

The very first day of 2007 and what do I spend it doing?

Why, taking you all through yet another leg of my seemingly never ending "Virtual Tour!"

So, let's go over the last of my "gets" for the year 2006!

Let's begin at the Titanium Vehicle collection, which is still going strong.

Several new releases hit the shelves the past few weeks, and some really great ones; so let's check them out:

Amidala's Star Skiff (from Ep. III)

Rebel Blockade Runner (Tantive IV, EP.V)

Obi Wan Ep. II Style Jedi Fighter that comes with a separate, attachable Hyperspace Docking Ring!

Endor AT-ST

Darth Maul Sith Speeder Bike

And last but not least, the Darth Vader Starfighter which obviously was NOT in the films and is an EU ship but is a really beautiful ship, nicely detailed.

Oh, and I had need of a stand for one of my Titanium Vehicles elsewhere, and I had two TIE fighters, so I borrowed the stand for a TIE and then decided to take that TIE and fly it with fishing string just for fun.

Another item that got "flown" was this C3PO in Ewok Throne figure...I figured since I do not have The Force to make him float, fishing string would once again have to do.

Back to the Titanium line for a moment...I thought I was done with these but after seeing it on the shelf and deciding there just wasn't enough IG-88 stuff out there I decided to go ahead and pick up the IG-88 Titanium Figure.

Another I wasn't sure I would buy until I wound up finding it was the Darth Vader TIE Ultra Titanium Vehicle. This will probably be the last of this series released, as all info points to this line being discontinued.

Every once in awhile, I still buy a regular action figure, just for fun, especially if it's a character I don't already have in any other version, so that's why I wound up grabbing this Kit Fisto Action Figure to go with the rest of my Jedi collection.

Two more new action figure sets have just recently been added: The new Marvel Comics Two packs!

I found two out of the three in this series:

Darth Vader & Rebel Soldier

Tarkin & Stormtrooper.

Each of these sets also comes with a reprint comic book of the original Marvel comics adaptations!

I think I will be leaving these IN the packages however; they are simply too beautiful to rip open and will display far better as is, IMO.

The third in this series is Han & Chewbacca, which my friend and fellow GHG Member Michelle aka M68 has already found for me and will be sending my way shortly! Thanks Michelle!

Speaking of "Thank You's" I have a very special one to send out at this point, to our friend and fellow blogger Jedi Melinda Wolf!

As some of you may know already, she recently conducted a raffle giveaway of stuff for the holidays and I was one of the last winners, and just a few days ago received her package of goodies, and boy was I thrilled!

Check out the awesome stuff she sent me:

Lego Magnets Set


Lego Red Guard Key Chain.

Star Wars: Revenge of The Sith Sticker Book.

Star Wars Saga 2007 Calendar that has some amazing picture inside, perhaps I will show one a month through the year as I blog.

And lastly, an item that technically is NOT Star Wars and yet IS:

a "Dagoba" organic chocolate bar!

I can't decide if I'm going to eventually eat this or not, LOL...

Thanks again Melinda, for your wonderful generosity and for making this Star Wars geeks collection just that much more special! You are now an official contributor to the web-famous "Maul Cantina" collection!

A few more items still to cover, so let's move on next to some holiday items I found at discount the day after:

Star Wars 2 pack ornaments sets!

I got these at half price, and at this point can't decide whether to open them and hang them around the room or leave them in the package along with the Display Box I also managed to score with them!

I scored another display box as well, this one for the Star Wars Dashboard Drivers which I stuck in the box there for fun. Again I haven't quite decided the final display for it yet.

Hey, remember way back in the tour when I showed you that Darth Vader EVA Lamp? Remember how I complained that they stuck the wrong colored bulb in there? No? Well anyway...with Christmas bulbs everywhere this time of year I finally found a RED bulb and put it in there and NOW check it out! ...Looks MUCH cooler don't you think?

One last item to cover for this chapter and it's a great one:

12" Boba Fett trilogy Collection Figure

I found this just a few days ago at a Target, on a clearance rack, mixed in with a bunch of assorted crap far away from the regular Star Wars displays.

Upon picking it up, I discovered why it was on the discount rack: The back of the box was ripped to shreds!

"Well, so what? " I said to myself, "I wind up opening most of my stuff anyway!"

So I flipped it over to search out the price, and imagine my surprise when I saw THIS!

If you can't quite make that out, or think you're eyes are deceiving you, it reads "$1.86."

Yep. ONE DOLLAR, 86 CENTS!

Unbelievable! I couldn't believe my luck, but when the cashier rung it up and it still scanned at that price I almost flipped!

I tossed the shredded part of the box when I got home, but managed to keep the rest of the package in decent enough shape that it makes for a great display along with the opened figure!

My LAST score for the year 2006, and it was a doozy!

2007 is already shaping up to be an exciting year, what with the 30th Anniversary to celebrate, C4 coming in May, new TV shows in the works and the start of filming the next Indiana Jones movie officially announced!

This will make it an AWESOME year for us Star Wars fans and especially us COLLECTORS as I'm sure there will be a TON of new, exciting stuff to hunt for this year!

Bring it on! Happy 30th Anniversary everybody, let the celebrations begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home