Thursday, April 03, 2008

DJ Mauls Ultimate Star Wars Toy Room Tour, Part 20

Welcome back yet again, to DJ Mauls Ultimate Toy Room Tour Extravaganza Part 20!


I mentioned in the last chapter that I've been revamping my Clone Army shelf, and it's finally done...or at least done enough to give you all an update.

Some of these figs you've seen before in the past tour, but there are a LOT of new additions as well. So let's get right to it.

I moved the Clone army from its original shelf for several reasons. The first being I was running out of room there and also wanted to just expand it out for better viewing.

So I set up a brand new shelf, and here it is!

Obviously, the major NEW addition (and another reason I moved the army) is the TRU Clone Wars Republic Gunship which of course I hung from some fishing line for display purposes.

I usually do NOT buy these large ships, in fact this is my first, but after MUCH debate I went for it as I thought it a must have for my Army.

Manning it of course are clones from the TRU Hunt For Grievous Battle pack that I found just last week. Four of them visible here, the fifth one better viewed from the other side.

I like these figs but wish they were more posable, they are hard to get into any real "action" poses. I will keep tinkering with them when I have time...I JUST set them up in the ship yesterday in fact.

I LOVE the grappling lines that hang down from the back, so I of course HAD to hang a a Utapau Trooper and Battle Damaged Trooper from them for cool effect.

Another major addition is the Execute Order 66 Lithograph from Official Pix, a Comic Con "Exclusive" that was also available on line, which is how I scored it.

I tried to set up the clone figs I have right under their pictures in the lithograph but I don't have ALL of them...yet.

Again, some of these figs have been featured before but let's run through them again:

Commander Bacara

Commander Gree

another Utapau Trooper (one of my few doubles)

Commander Bly

Green Clone Commander (does this guy have a name? I'm sure you Clone Army aficionados can help me out there. )

Commander Cody, an NEW addition and a LONG time in the hunt, but I finally found him!

the AT-RT Driver

Vader's Legion Trooper

Two Red Shock Troopers from the "Skirmish In The Senate" Battle pack. The Yoda & Sideous figs from that set will show up later in the tour...

Cruising across the rest of the shelf we can find:

The White Clone Pilot, AT-AT Driver, Imperial Snow Trooper and Biker Scout figs.

Three different Sandtroopers

Republic Commando Scorch which I know many have had trouble finding, but he's coming out again as part of a SW Shop set so look that up if you still need him.

Jango & Boba Fett, plus one of those little blue Boba Fett Holograph figs.

the AT-TE Tank Gunner

A Red Clone Trooper with Gun from the Ep. II figure line and another blue holo fig, a Stormtrooper.

Three Imperial Guards the red one on the right from the older POTF2 line I think.

the Black Clone Pilot, flanked by two TIE Fighter Pilots & the Firespeeder Pilot and in the background there, a brand NEW addition (just two days ago in fact):

The Death Star Gunner!

A couple of last items:

Remember awhile back I asked you all whether or not I should open a few of those "exclusive" troopers?

Well after much debate, I decided screw it, and OPENED them!

BUT I didn't want to totally destroy the packaging, so with a little creative cutting I managed to get the figures out but keep the packaging nice enough for display purposes.

So, here they are in their OPENED glory:

the Target Exclusive Utapau Clone Trooper,

And the Star Wars Shop Exclusive Covert Ops Trooper!

Did I probably destroy any resale value on them? Sure, but who cares? They look way too cool to leave all packaged up like that.

I also decided to open the Ep. III DVD Collection Box Set of Clone Troopers. I found they come out of the package quite easily without damaging it at all, so I removed them and set them up on display with the rest of the army. The box itself is still intact on the same shelf with the others in that series.

This will be a constantly growing display...Hasbro has a LOT of new clones coming up in 2007, and I will of course be on the hunt for them along with many of you.

If this keeps up I may need to add yet ANOTHER shelf just for clones!

That will do for today, but I am working on yet another chapter or two in the near future, as there are several new items I haven't yet covered here.

They will have to wait for next time.

Thanks as always for tagging along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home