Thursday, August 16, 2007

DJ Mauls Ultimate Star Wars Toy Room Tour, Part 16

Welcome back to part 16 of DJ Mauls Virtual Online Star Wars Toy Room Tour Extravaganza Po-looza Fest World Tour 2006! Now guaranteed to create Spiritual Resonance & Harmonic Convergence throughout the known Universe!!!! ...Or your money BACK!

I've always had a thing for cartoon cels but have never really been able to AFFORD them, as most are very expensive.That's why I fell in love with the Acme Archive Key Cels, as they are beautiful pieces at pretty reasonable prices.

The first one I managed to get was the Obi Wan Key Cel from Star Wars Shop.com. The actual FIRST one made was a Yoda Cel that was sold exclusively at CIII...I had it IN MY HANDS but put it down because I was tight on funds and had other items I wanted. It was selling for 25 dollars; it's now on eBay for over 200!!!

Under Obi Wan is the more recent Padme Snowbunny Cel also a SW Shop exclusive and sold out quickly...I wonder why...?

The Mace Windu Cel is still available at Acme Archives Website in very limited amounts.

Next to them is one of my favorite art pieces, a Lithograph print of The Millennium Falcon production art signed by Ralph McQuarrie that I scored at CIII. Mr. McQuarrie, due to health issues, could not attend CIII, but his people had a booth set up for him and were selling various hand signed prints, and of course I had to get The Falcon print. I know the pic here isn't the best (dang camera flash!) but trust me it's a beautiful print.

I did an entire chapter of the series on store displays early on; here is a recent addition to that collection, a K-Mart Ep. III banner that was falling down in the toy aisle and had a small rip along the bottom. Looked like it was about to be thrown away so I asked for it and they let me have it. A little tape along the rip on the back end to hold it together and there you go.

I still need to get a real frame for this next one; it's an Ep. II DVD release flyer from Wal-Mart, advertising the upcoming DVD. It's just a little 8 by 10 paper print but I grabbed it at the store and have kept it ever since.

Star Wars items have even managed to creep over onto my desk. I forgot to take a seperate picture of it, but you can see a cheap plastic Vader Halloween Candy holder there by the phone that I use to keep all my pens & pencils in.

This Darth Vader EVA lamp is one of the cooler items on the desk, although for the life of me I can't figure out why the light bulb included inside is YELLOW and not RED...eventually I will find a red bulb and make this right!

There is a little story on this next item, my Darth Maul battery operated alarm clock.

I was in the market for a new alarm clock and decided to see if I could find a Star Wars one. After much hunting I couldn't find an electric one but found this Darth Maul one on eBay, which was a European exclusive and never sold in the states. His face, BTW, glows in the dark! I actually DID use this as my official alarm clock for awhile (no, it does NOT play SW music) until I found a regular electric one and this went to the Toy Room.

Also on my desk is a framed photo of me as "Tux Vader" at CIII.

I didn't have a lot of money to spend on an expensive costume, so I bought the Darth Vader Voice Changer Helmet, and some awesome Darth Vader custom gloves that I also found on eBay, combined them with my old DJ tuxedo that had tails in the back and a pair of leather pants I borrowed from my dad and created a costume for Darth to step out on the town with!

It was kind of silly, and was meant to be, and I got a lot of (good natured) laughs with it at CIII.

And believe me, mine wasn't nearly the silliest costume there.

Oh, and I actually bought the Vader FX saber there at CIII to help complete the look. I was going to buy a cheap plastic one, then saw the FX and was sold immediately on it.

Another purchase made at CIII was this very cool CIII Logo Baseball Cap that actually has tiny miniature light bulbs in it that light the logo up! A little tiny switch inside the hat brim turns it on and off.

As we reach the end of this chapter, I have just a few last items to add, the five Vintage Cardback UGH figs that contained the tabs to mail away for the "George Lucas As Stormtrooper" figure, and the recently released Target Exclusive Demise of Grievous figure.

The Vintage UGH figs will remain in their packages, seeing as how they basically charged EXTRA for the "special packaging" but I will probably open the Grievous fig at some point...I have an idea for a display with him and an Obi Wan figure I may work on at some point.

As I said I'm always adding items and tinkering with displays...in fact I'm in the process of re-working my Clone Army shelf AGAIN!...so there WILL be more chapters of this tour, if not as often. See you again soon.

Oh, BTW, the beauty of this "virtual tour" is that the tour never closes...you can always view it again as often as you wish, and I don't even charge admission!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home