Thursday, August 16, 2007

DJ Mauls Ultimate Star Wars Toy Room Tour, Part 17

This chapter will essentially cover several items that were either somehow missed along the way or added in after I covered a certain shelf or section.

For instance, when I showed you all this shelf here and talked about the two Unleashed figures there, I somehow forgot to mention the item BEHIND them:

This ceramic Darth Vader M&M cookie jar that I picked up at Target during the holiday season...it's a very nice piece actually, looks cooler in person though.

Another Vader item, just recently added to the shelf, is this Giant Sized Vader PEZ that I found at an Acme food store marked down to just FIVE dollars! I had passed on this item a hundred times because I thought they were simply too high priced (original tag was $20.00) but at the reduced price it was worth the buy, especially as it also plays the Star Wars theme when you lift his head! ...That and I happen to like PEZ candy...

These next few items you may or may not have seen in the background of several other pictures along the tour. These are some Christmas tree ornaments I found again at Target last December, and they are scattered around the room just as decorations, but I decided they deserved a little more attention.

They include:Death Star & TIE Fighter ornament

X-Wing Ornament

Episode III Poster Ornament

Slave I Ornament AT - AT Ornament

And lastly, The Millennium Falcon Ornament

I have shown this wall before as well, but recently added a few pictures in the form of several 5 by 7 prints that came with a few AMC Models I bought awhile ago.They're little mini versions of some of the classic movie posters, including:

Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back version one and version two

and Return Of The Jedi version one and version two.

I STILL have yet to assemble any of the other model kits these came in. I'll get to it eventually...

I'm ALWAYS looking to find better ways to display items and make the most efficient use of space possible while still having it LOOK good. And I'm always coming up with new ideas, like moving my Mace VS Sideous and Anakin VS Dooku Battle Sets UNDER the shelves instead of on top.

This way they look kind of like little diorama's ...plus I have them mounted well enough to the wall that you CAN actually play with the handles that make them move if you wanted to.I would let you if you came to visit, I really would....

As you noticed, I have a LOT of pictures and prints etc. all over the walls, including posters, signed photos, magazines, and more.

Here is a recent addition just hung up; a Lenticular 3D "Locked In Combat" Poster Card that is a Star Wars Shop exclusive and is limited to a print of 2,500.

As with all lenticular pictures, the image changes when viewed from a different angle, and this photograph really does NOT capture the way the Vader helmet on the right POPS out in 3D effect.

I've been going on a bit of a vintage kick recently, and have decided to go back and try and add some more of the original action figures from the 1978 - 83 lines.

The first few I've picked up are from all three OT films: a 1978 Greedo, a 1980 AT-AT Driver, & a 1983 Red Guard that I found at my local comic book shop. Turns out he has TONS of old opened vintage figures at pretty darn reasonable prices. I will be going back for more soon.

From eBay, I got this one: a 1979 Boba Fett ...this figure actually came out BEFORE the release of Empire Strikes Back, and carded goes for a TON of cash...but opened he is much more attainable, and you know me, I'd have just wound up opening him anyways...

I have decided to use that black wall case that I showed you before to hold my now growing vintage line and I will be slowly moving the other, newer figs out of there to other homes.Perhaps in a later update I will focus better on the figures in there, that picture doesn't really show them well at all due to the mirror. That's why I took the pictures of the vintage figures outside the case, it makes much better pictures.

Some shelves have started to get pretty crowded, especially my Titanium Vehicles shelf, which is why I added two new small display shelves just above it to not only move a few of the vehicles up off the big shelf, giving me more room, but to also showcase two of my favorite ships in particular:

Slave I and of course The Millennium Falcon.

The fourth small Falcon, the one in the back right side, is the new "Ep. III Falcon" as she appeared in ROTS. I just recently added that one.

What else is new...?

Hmmm...oh yeah, I added a new Anakin figure from the "Hero's & Villains" line to my "Anakin to Vader & Back" shelf... I realized I was missing an Ep. III Anakin that wasn't after he converted to "Darth Vader" and KB was having a figure sale so...

You've seen all these Unleashed Figures already on the tour, but I recently found this new shelf at a yard sale for a couple of bucks, and after knocking out a few of the shelf dividers to make bigger spaces and a quick few coats of white paint, it became a nice display shelf for most of my Unleashed figs.

This shelf is hung on the wall where the autograph pictures used to be; they have been moved down to a wall behind my desk.The room is long but not too wide, so I've tried to keep from mounting shelves BEHIND my desk for fear of knocking stuff over whenever I get up, so it was better to cover that wall in posters and pictures and mount the shelves further down.

What do I have left to show you guys...?Ah HAH.One last one for now.

In case you aren't aware, the "Darth Maul" avatar I use is the figure from the Galactic Heros line...you've seen them, those cute little toys designed for the REAL younglings...anway, it was recently brought to my attention that, with ALL the stuff I have, i do NOT have that particular Darth Maul in my collection.

I have since rectified that mistake, as I bring you an item I JUST bought today:The Darth Maul & Obi Wan Galactic Heros set.

Well...I guess that about does it...at least for awhile. That being said, I can promise you there will be MORE of these coming, whenever I have enough material to warrant it.I can also tell you some plans I have for the future:I've already moved my Clone Army to another shelf...AGAIN.I have a few ideas for it, and when it's ready of course I will share.

And I still have all those figures in that black case that I never really highlighted very well...I have a few ideas for displaying them as well, so that's another one.

Plus, you know me, I'm ALWAYS adding something new, and I just can't keep it all to myself now can I...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home