Thursday, April 03, 2008

DJ Mauls Ultimate Star Wars Toy Room Tour, Part 19

Hey all. Welcome to Part 19 of DJ Mauls Ultimate Toy Room Tour, a continuing journey through "The Maul Cantina," my basement room dedicated to all things Star Wars!

Yes, I "borrowed" this idea from Steve Sansweet...

It's been a busy few weeks for your old pal DJ, but after a short break I'm back with yet another chapter,. However, don't feel obligated to go read all the other parts first. You don't have to have read any of them to follow this one, so don't panic new tourists!

OK, so what's new you in the collection this time around?

Well a few interesting items, let's start with one of the most recent additions and one of the best:

The Gentle Giant Darth Vader/Anakin Reveal Bust.

An Entertainment Earth Exclusive, it's my very first Gentle Giant piece, and I truly think it's a work of art.

The detail on this is amazing, especially in the eyes which seem almost alive and in the detailed scarring around the head area.

It took awhile to decide where to put it but I finally decided it looked best on this shelf here along with my MR Mini Sabers etc.

Oh, I almost forgot, the Certificate of Authenticity that comes with it is in the form of a beautiful trading card with the edition number on the back. I put it in the plastic case to keep it in top shape.

Along with the Vader bust, Entertainment Earth also sent me my free Clone Troopers Mouse Pad, a neat little promo give away that now decorates my office desk.

I also just recently added another Acme Archive Clone Wars Key Cell; this one is the ARC Captain Clone.

I was very happy to get this one, especially when I found out I almost screwed up my pre-order and was afraid for a moment that I had missed out. Fortunately the site took care of my mistake and made sure I got it! Whew...

This next item is one I was searching for what seemed like forever:

The Unleashed Shocktrooper Figure.

I was hunting every single Wal-Mart I could find for this one, with no luck.

Then I had an online friend here help me out. He found one in his area, knew I was still looking for it, and picked it up and sent it to me. All he charged was sticker price plus shipping.

Thanks Oocleenee, you ROCK.

I added a couple more vintage OT figures into the collection as well.

Another stop at my local comics shop and I grabbed these three:

a 1983 TIE Fighter Pilot, a 1984 Emperor, and a 1978 Death Star Droid that is more than a bit worn but it was the only one in the box and for two bucks I decided it deserved a nicer home.

Picked up two new Titanium Vehicles since the last update, the Republic Cruiser, which I've been waiting a LONG time for them to re-release, and the Luke Skywalker Speeder Bike, ...there is a Leia version coming soon, which I of course will add to the chase.

Two relatively cheap but fun additions to the collection are these Darth Vader and Chewbacca Spin Pops.

They are both battery operated. Along with spinning the pops of course, the Vader waves his saber up & down and Chewie waves his bowcaster. I found them both at a local TRU, and passed on them several times before finally picking them up. My buddy Oocleenee needed the Chewie pop so I got one for him, then decided to grab both myself just for fun.

That's it for today.

I'm hoping to have my next one ready soon. I'm still working on reorganizing my Clone Army shelf and waiting for a few more items to come in for that as well, and I'm also reorganizing another shelf of action figures.

When they are where I want them to be I'll add them to the tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home