Thursday, April 03, 2008

DJ Mauls Ultimate Star Wars Toy Room Tour, Part 25


Well here we are at a milestone: The 25th chapter in my virtual toy room tour of "The Maul Cantina!"

Bet none of you knew I could milk a concept this long...except maybe Stooge... ;)

Anyway, as with the last chapter, this one will feature lots of new stuff but also show a few more changes that have happened over the weeks and months since the last time something was featured in the tour.

For instance, when I first featured my new set of M-Pire toys, they were displayed on this shelf here.

Once I got the new display shelves for the Titanium Vehicles and moved things around, I wound up using the old display stand for the M-Pire figs, and they are now displayed here instead.

Another change; when I put up some new shelves, I wound up moving many of my pictures to the wall located behind my desk.

This allowed me to put up new shelves on the other wall, as I didn't want shelves behind my desk on the chance that I would knock things over when I got up out of the chair.

Some pictures are also there that you haven't seen yet, mainly because they weren't Star Wars related, but I show them now simply for fun:

An autographed picture of Lou Farrigno, the original "Incredible Hulk" from the TV show that I loved as a kid. He appeared at a comic convention I attended in Philly a few years back, very nice guy.

Another cherished autograph, the late great James Doohan, aka "Scotty" from Star Trek.

While I am not a hard core "Trekkie" I like the show, and attended a Trek Con many years ago and met him there, and even got to chat with him a little. It was strange to hear him talk without the Scottish accent though!

While I didn't get to meet this next crew personally, I am still thrilled to have their autographed pictures in my room: The cast of Mystery Science Theater 3000, one of my favorite TV shows ever!

I sent away for and received two signed photos: One of Joel and The Bots, and the other of "the Mads" Dr. Forrester & TV's Frank!

Ok, let's get back to Star Wars, and since we're looking at pictures let's show my newest Acme Archives key Cel, just arrived last week: Shaak Ti.

She is of course hung with the rest of the key cels which are taking up more and more wall space with each new one.

Some more brand new items, just purchased last week, are the latest Clone Wars Series of Bust Ups.

There were six in this series and I grabbed all in one shot:

Anakin & Obi-Wan

Yoda & Clone Trooper

Snowbunny Padme and Grievous

Since I got MORE of these Bust Ups, I figured it was time to move things again and now they all reside here along with my stuffed items that have also been moved here.

A real bargain I found last week was this Darth Vader Breathing Sound Effects Box that was made to put inside a Halloween mask and make the infamous "Vader breathe" sounds. Originally tagged at $3.99, I got it for 70 CENTS.

I plan to try and rig it to the door of the room somehow, so that when you walk in you will hear Vader breathing. I will let you know if I get that to work.

I found a nice surprise the other day while cleaning out a few things down there.

Shoved aside in a small box that I hadn't gone through in awhile were some items I had all but forgotten about.

I told you how my wife had given me her original vintage figure collection. What I had forgotten about was this stack of original, vintage 1983 Return Of The Jedi collectors' cards!

They aren't in perfect shape but not too bad. They were in storage for a LONG time and got a bit musty, but I have now put them in some nice plastic protector's pages and they should be fine. There are about 50 or so all together, not a complete set but a nice addition to my vintage stuff anyway.

A few last items to close out this chapter are some items that while technically are part of the collection, are the FEW items that aren't actually stored IN the toy room.

First, an item I've had hanging in the car window for several years now:

My Millennium Falcon Window Hanger.

This is attached by a suction cup and hangs just under the rear view mirror. The picture was taken at night, looks kind of cool, doesn't it?

As for the last item: I just recently upgraded and got a new cell phone, the new "Chocolate" phone from Verizon....a great phone, but it needed...well, a little something EXTRA.

So, I went hunting and sure enough, I found an awesome Star Wars Darth Vader Phone Skin for it at Verizon's website.

The skin covers the back as well, and you may have also noticed the screen wallpaper is of course my new "DJ Maul" artwork provided by nob01, which was discussed in more detail here.

My ring tone is, of course, "The Imperial March."

Thus we bring part 25 to a close. As the new waves of stuff arrive in time for the holidays, expect to see me updating again soon as I keep the collection growing.

Until next time, my loyal readers. Thanks, as always, for the support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home